New Years Resolutions, what are they all about? Why do we do them and what’s the point?
Well we have been practicing this tradition nearly 4000 years introduced by the Babylonians, at crop season they made promises to their Gods. (link here to read some background info if you are interested) If they kept their promises their Gods would look at them favourable and if they didn’t they would be doomed to a dark place!
Thankfully we just make resolutions for ourselves and hopefully don’t beat ourselves up too much if we don’t finish or continue them.
At this time of year, with so many bloggers and influencers giving you tips and ideas on how to create your resolutions and keep them going, I did have a little think myself about what I would do.
Of course the obvious ones jump out
- reduce time spent on my phone
- read more books
- excerise more
- give more to others and charity
Then I thought realistically I’m not going to do that. If I reduce my phone time then I won’t know what’s happening with fashion trends and what stores have what, I also wouldn’t be interacting with you guys either so what would the point of my page be? As much as I would love to put more time into excercise and reading books, with 3 kids and all they demand I know I would start off well but give me a sick child, school day and some extra workers for dinner and all will fall apart. Now the charity thing is something I already do, I always off load my clothes and clear out items like kids toys to charity shops and I send the kids clothes to a friend to reuse. So I suppose in fairness I’m already achieving there and to be honest I’m not in a financial position to offer more.
So now what do I do? What will I not find an excuse for??? Thinking about my page and the core of it’s purpose is confidence. Confidence to wear what I want when I want and not only have confidence to wear it but feel amazing at the same time. I have to admit that there have been times when I want to wear one thing but think maybe it’s too much and start overthinking everything. This overthinking can be a killer for your confidence.
Over the last 2 years I have been singing one phrase for a lot of issues, problems, stresses and overthinking situations and that phrase is ‘Let it go’. Yes people ‘Let it go’ from Frozen is one song that helps me destress and not worry.
So what is my point? Instead of making a list of specific things you aim to do, find a motto for your year. So if I do decide to go for a walk every morning and then I stop after 3 weeks, so what ‘let it go’. Don’t worry, don’t stress. If you ‘let it go’ then it’s gone and you can either forget about it or start again another time. Or if you can’t get everything finished today that you had planned well just sing ‘let it go’. It will all be there tomorrow so why worry?
Let me know if you think up of any mottos for your year ahead. Here are some suggestions to get you started;
- Other people opinions of you are none of your business
- Give it another go the next time
- You might have lost the battle but it doesn’t mean you lost the war.
- Be patient, it will work itself out
For some more mottos and insight click on this link. Let me know if you have your own motto for 2019.
I think as we grow up and mature our style and tastes change. When I was very young my mum said I use to change ten times a day. I broke her heart because every time I changed, the old outfit got thrown to the wash.
Hi to all my lovely readers. I have mulled over this post for a while, so I hope you enjoy it. The ’10 Things You need to Know about Yourself’ are not in order so tackle each one as you feel ready. Remember I am here to help you realise these as well. Enjoy the read and please share and comment with your thoughts.
You are beautiful so say Thank You
- Sometimes we can feel awkward or embarrassed when we are complement upon, I encourage you to smile, accept and say thank you.
Know and accept your Body
- If you can’t find out about body shape, ask me. I believe once we know how to dress to flatter our shape we accept the lumps and bumps more as they become part of the outfit that makes it sit and look so good.
Invest in you and not your Wardrobe
- Buy something that looks good and makes you feel good. Whether it be a $10 top from Primark or Kmart or a $4000 bag from Chanel. Wear the garment not the price tag.
Find Your Confidence
- Use what you have learnt about how to dress so you can gain confidence. Wear your confidence in your clothes. By wearing the right colours and clothes, you will look at yourself with more appreciation and acceptance and ultimately more confidently.
Invest in your Confidence
- Whether it is weight loss, fitness, further education or charity work you wish to succeed in, confidence will be the key to start you on that journey. In order to grow you and your confidence, invest in these areas. It doesn’t have to be a financial investment, it can be completing a marathon or volunteering at a charity event.
Accept others for who they are
- ‘Other people opinions of you are none of your business’ – this is one of the best pieces of advice I was ever given, and I live by it still. We have all seen the facebook posts about keeping the negative out of our lives. I do believe this as well. Don’t worry about what you cannot change focus on what you can. You cannot change people we can only expose them to possibilities, we cannot control their thoughts or actions. By accepting others you can move on.
- With your new self-confidence, you can now be who you want to be. You don’t have to follow and conform. You can now be that person you have always aspired to be. Have respect for yourself and be that person.
- From your confidence in you and your ability to express yourself in your manner, means you will approach things you might not of before but will feel achievement and relief instead of regret. On the other hand, with your own self-confidence, it might also help you decide as to whether you wish to do anything at all.
Enjoy your Age
- Feel great, look great and enjoy getting old. With wrinkles, they are a part of you. Wrinkles are the stories of all the fun and laughter, tears and heartbreak you had in your life. They are like a tattoo, it’s up to you to design it.
Indulge yourself and release the guilt
- All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. And what happened to Jack – he went crazy!! Don’t go crazy. Mums need a break sometimes as well as Dads. Some like to get away, some like a nice quiet bath, others like to shop, get their hair done or nails repolished. Whatever your luxury, do it and enjoy it. Your kids will still love you, work will still be there Monday morning and the basket full of clothes will always be full of dirty clothes.
As Christmas Day is fast approaching I am on the look out for a comfortable cool dress for Christmas Day. I always like to wear something nice on the day but I also need to wear something functional as I am getting Christmas lunch ready and spending time with family. With our daily temperatures up in the mid 40 degrees, I need something functional but also comfortable for the hot Summer day.
Here are a few of my favourites I found online, I have a few playsuits as well. I think they are a great alternative if you don’t want to wear a dress.
Order today to have them in time for Christmas Day.
Click on the photos for links.
Milou Dress House
So as not to leave out my fabulous overseas followers, I have included a few below for the colder Christmas Day ahead.
Love the range in River Island, the pink is definitely a favourite and the green Milou Dress House dress is very cute for Christmas day.
Hope you liked my ideas. Please comment below which one is your favourite and let me know if you do purchase any.
#soyouconsulting with any picture you post!
Since starting my Image Consulting business two years ago, I get asked many questions about what I do and why I do it. So here are my most frequently asked questions.
What are you doing?